Privacy Extension For WhatsApp™ Web
To increase privacy in public spaces the Privacy Extension For WhatsApp™ Web blurs your messages. Your messages and other content only reveals upon hovering over with your mouse cursor. Additionally you can quickly toggle all effects by using a keyboard shortcut or by clicking the toggle button in the extension menu.
It adapts to your needs by letting you decide which elements you want to blur. Your options:
- All messages in chat: Blurs all messages in the current chat.
- Last messages preview: Blurs all message previews on the left.
- Media preview: Blurs all images, videos, stickers, … in separation from the text.
- Media gallery: Blurs all small icons of images, videos, … while viewing an image, video, …
- Text input: Makes the color in your input field lighter to make it hard to read.
- Profile pictures: Blurs all profile pictures.
- Group/Users names: Blurs all group and usernames.
- No transition delay: Allows you to turn off the delay before revealing an item on hover.
- Unblur all on app hover: Unblurs all elements when you hover over the WhatsApp Web app.
You can quickly toggle the blur in the settings or with a keyboard shortcut (Default: Alt+X).
To change this navigate to:
- Chrome: “chrome://extensions/shortcuts”
- Firefox: “about:addons” -> Settings icon on the top right -> Manage Extension Shortcuts
To install this extension just follow the instructions on the respective download page:
View the release notes here.
If you have a feature request or if you have encountered a problem, please create a new issue under this link: https://github.com/LukasLen/Privacy-Extension-For-WhatsApp-Web/issues
Alternatively you can get help at: email@example.com
About This Project
Disclaimer: WhatsApp is a trademark of WhatsApp Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This extension is an independent project developed by Lukas Lenhardt and has no relationship to WhatsApp or WhatsApp Inc.